Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Work and Play

Today was all about getting stuff done before the iminent start of school in a couple weeks.  After my usual breakfast of champions- 100 calorie wheat English muffin with natural peanut butter and sliced banana- I completed our online FAFSA for grad school which I've been putting off.  I cleaned the entire upstairs like a maniac and finally moved the dining room back to normal after it has been used for storage all summer during the kitchen remodel (photos coming soon).

Then I headed to the gym for some cardio intervals and upperbody work.  I finally have lost the ten pounds I gained during the school year and (bonus) sculpted my arms enough that I notice a difference even if no one else does!  My goal now for the school year is just to maintain that progress. 

Lunch was a delight after a tiring workout.  I made Boca brand chicken patties on 100 calorie sandwich thins and garnished them with pepper jack cheese and avocado- YUM!!!  They were so good, R.T. and I both ate two of them... which totally defeats the purpose of the 100 calorie bun... oh, well. 

Here's where the work turns to play.  After R.T. and I did our rounds at Menards and Lowes to pick up a few new lights for the house, it was date time.  That's right, a Thursday date.  He treated me to a fat free Mocha Coolatta at Dunkin Doughnuts, one of the few sugary treats for which I am still willing to sugar splurge.  Then we caught "The Killers" at the cheap seats, had a few laughs and just enough suspense for me to chew off my pointer finger nails.  This is what a call a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment